Children’s Links has held a national contract with the Skills Funding Agency for over 10 years to deliver apprenticeship programmes. Those accessing an Apprenticeship will enroll onto a programme during which they will complete a Certificate/Diploma; Functional Skills with Employment Rights and Responsibilities and Personal Learning and Thinking Skills mapped against the appropriate framework.
Occupational areas offered:-
- Playwork - “Out of School Childcare/Play provision” which may include Breakfast Clubs, Holiday Play schemes, Out of School Clubs, Youth Centres or Open Access Play Centres (e.g.: Adventure Playgrounds)
- Children and Young Peoples Workforce (Early Years) - Nursery, Pre-school, Crèche, Primary School (foundation stage)
- Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (Teaching Assistant) - Primary or Secondary School
- Youthwork - Youth Centres and clubs, faith groups and churches, leisure centres and sports clubs, out in the community as a detached youth worker and youth support organisations.
- Customer Service – Retail, Financial Services, Contact Centre, Hospitality, Sport and Recreation, Health and Social Care, Telecommunications and Travel and Tourism sectors that provide service to customers before, during and after purchasing and using goods and services
- Business Administration - Administrators, office juniors, receptionists/medical receptionists, personal assistants and secretaries, including legal or medical secretaries.
The programme is on going and people can enroll throughout the year. The learner will work in an environment relevant to their chosen apprenticeship framework as well as having study time and tutor-led sessions. The duration of the programme will be between 1-2 years, dependent on the particular apprenticeship programme.
Apprenticeships are available to everyone but employer/learner contributions are payable for those over 19 years old (dependent on eligibility and sector).
We offer recruitment assistance for employers and can provide information about funding availability for recruitment as well as employer offers which we can provide to support businesses to meet its staffing needs through apprenticeship recruitment.
For further information please contact an Apprenticeships Officer on 0845 373 0645 (opt.2), or e-mail via the Contact Us page using the Training, apprenticeships and traineeships enquiry type.
This activity is part-financed by the European Union through the European Social Fund (ESF). ESF supports activities to extend employment opportunities and develop a skilled workforce.